Tag Archives: Update
After 15 years of service RuneScape has said its farewell to Java in favor of a new game client called NXT, making the game both look and run better.
The creators of RuneScape, Jagex, have re-launched the game with a new launcher, NXT, which means the end for trusty Java. The new launcher and all the improvements have been in development for about two years and will according, to Jagex, improve the game greatly.
"This means better RuneScape performance than ever before, and it looks great too – vast viewing distances, dynamic shadows and beautiful lighting effects."
The new launcher has basically no requirements, "Requirements: None." NXT is designed to get the most out of the user's computer so RuneScape will work on almost every system, and if it's not working then there is an error "flag" button to push and a team should fix it.
Launching alongside the new launcher a new quest line has been released, Benedict's World Tour, with eight quests for free players and eight more for paid members. These new quests will, according to the RuneScape team, show off all the new features that comes with the NXT launcher.
The biggest difference between the old RuneScape and the new one is that with the NXT launcher RuneScape will no longer be a browser game, players will have to download it to be able to play.
The release date for the next big Destiny expansion may have gotten out before Bungie intended it to. This is still just a rumor, but quite a complex one.
When the big April update rolled out, one player found a dead Ghost in a new Prison of Elders arena after only 16 minutes of the update being available. This is not a Ghost players just stumble upon, which suggests that the player who found it had insider knowledge.
A Reddit user with the username of Rezyl Azzir posted a guide on how to find this Ghost, but after a while the Reddit account and post was removed. Oddly enough, the Ghost had a Grimoire card for a new character by the name of Rezyl Azzir, which talks about the days before the last city on Earth was established.
Before user Rezyl Azzir disapered he left a message in Latin which other redditors translated.
"Vegisima die mensis noni. ILLUD est venturus. Per Audacia ad astra."
This line roughly translates into "The twentieth day of the ninth month. IT is coming. Forward, to the stars."
That would suggest that the next expansion for Destiny comes September 20, around the same time Taken King was released a year ago.
This is still just a rumor, it might be a complex and interesting rumor but still just a rumor. But there are more facts that points towards a big Destiny expansion coming 2016 so we might just have gotten the date for its release.
Fallout 4 just got a big update on Steam through Update 1.5 and here are the details.
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Bethesda has been busy working on supporting Fallout 4 recently. They just gave us an inside look at the game's Mod Creation kit and the Rocket 69 car was recently added to Forza 6.
ConcernedApe, the developer on this year's indie darling, Stardew Valley dropped a couple of major announcements concerning the game's future. Chief among them perhaps was the confirmation of a console version for the game. Here's the official list.
- Version 1.1 — A substantial content update
- Co-op Multiplayer
- Localizing for non-english regions
- Mac/Linux Ports
- Console PortsMerchandise
Content update 1.1 also comes with a fair amount of updates and they are as follows:
- More late-game content
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
- Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
Eric Barone is the lone member of ConcernedApe, so to help with the porting job, he announced that he has reached an agreement with Chucklefish to handle the console port of the game. There is no timetable on any of these details, it is merely a confirmation of what is to come.
Almost a month ago, Rocket League developer Psyonix teased that a Basketball mode would come to the game. Three days ago we at GameZone reported that the update would come sometime in April. The developers have recently released a full preview of what the big April update will bring to the game, check out the full list down below:
- The new mode, called Hoops, will bring the long awaited new basketball mode to the game. "Hoops" will be available in Exhibition, Private Matches, and in the Casual Playlist. The mode will feature a 2v2 battle where players will have to score by shooting the ball into the hoops. You better learn how to fly if you want to be good at this mode. A new map, called Dunk House, will also be added with the new mode to try to create an authentic basketball experience.
- A Quick Save feature will be added to make saving your replays much easier and faster. Players will just have to press the Save Replay button at any time during the match and the game takes it from there. Gamers no longer have to wait for the post-match screen to save epic replays.
- Improved physics! Psyonix has noticed that the ball behaves weird sometimes and decided to improve the physics. This physics update will introduce global changes to the physics behavior to make it easier to anticipate where the ball will go. Now gamers will no longer get to use the "the ball bounced weird" excuse.
- The Xbox One version will finally be on the same level as the other versions of the game. This update for Xbox One will include the addition of Rocket Labs to the Casual Playlist – with new and experimental arenas and VR-inspired aesthetics.
- Lastly, all platforms will receive a brand new Rocket Labs arena called Cosmic. This new arena is inspired by the classic Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars map.
Unfortunately, they have not dated the releases of the update, however, we do know it will definitely be coming later this month Rocket League will be among the first games to make use of Xbox’s newly announced cross-network play with Windows 10 PCs, and according to developer Psyonix Studios, it's ready to be the frontrunner for PS4 and Xbox One cross-play.
In the meantime, prepare all of your basketball names like Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, and Jonas Jerebko to yell out when making some sweet dunks, 3-pointers, or some "from downtown" shots.
It's been about five months since the release of Rock Band 4 and it is finally getting an online multiplayer mode, something that the fans has been asking for for a long time.
Harmonix has been talking about adding an online multiplayer mode for a while, and now they are finally enabling friends and strangers to live the dream of being the best online rock band in the world. Seems like they found the time to make multiplayer now that their plans of a PC version failed.
The new mode is currently called "Synchronous online multiplayer" and will be sort of like "Quickplay, modified to provide a fair and streamlined experience for console friends looking to play Rock Band 4 together online". Harmonix will also implement a better way to pick songs in online multiplayer, making it so that not just one troll keeps picking random songs.
They have also created a "secret sauce" to make the online multiplayer even better than in previous games. According to Harmonix it will eliminate most of the problems the earlier games had.
This is all part of a big update coming later this fall. The update will be really big and bring a lot of new features, it will even be bigger than the One Direction DLC "We’ve got brand new features heading to Rock Band 4 that have never been in any previous Rock Band title, ever."
The recent trend in gaming is to add both free and paid content updates, and it looks like Fatshark has the same plans for Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide.
The guys at Fatshark really want to "keep on building on the universe" that they have created. For them, it's not about only making money, but also looking at what their community wants, to create something that can make money and also serves the needs to the community.
During an exclusive interview with GameZone, Fatshark CEO Martin Wahlund explained that the studio believed that what is important "is to make sure that the players are happy and get new things. We are trying to mix free and paid content." What Fatshark is looking for is a business idea that will both earn them money and also keep the community happy, which is very thoughtful of them.
So, gamers with a lot of disposable income and those without can both experience new gameplay for the same game for a long time after its release.
The next big update comes in the end of May, though Wahlund wasn't sure what he was allowed to say about the update, just that it is coming.
The Division is going down today for its weekly maintenance and players shouldn't expect any "game changes during this maintenance".
On a post on the official forum one of the community managers informed the players that the maintenance would take start at "09:00 AM CEST, 03:00 AM EDT, 12:00 AM PDT" and would go on for about three hours.
The biggest news about this weekly maintenance was that there would be no game changes in this weeks maintenance, which is a bit weird all the bugs and exploits still being in the game.
Though statement that "there will be no game changes during this maintenance" does not exclude that bugs will be fixed, but no tweaks and gameplay improvements will occur this time.
The servers are now down for our weekly maintenance. Estimated downtime: 3h. No game changes today >> https://t.co/W08oiw0mj3
— The Division (@TheDivisionGame) 19 april 2016
We'll update on what changed if and when the patch notes becomes available
The Quantum Break team is aware that the Windows 10 version suffers a bit and to some extent the Xbox One version of the game as well, but they are compiling a list of everything that needs fixing and the stuff players wants to be in the game.
Some of the things that will be fixed or added are stuttering frame rate, various Windows 10 performance issues, a "Quit Game" option from the main menu, option to remove film-grain, better image quality control, and much more.
Below, you can check out the full list of planned changes, known problems, whether or not Windows 10 will have locked Frame Rate forever, and everything else Remedy wants to change or wants to inform the community that they can't change.
Windows 10 Issues & Solutions
Stuttering Frame-Rate / Frame Pacing
There was a major rounding error introduced into our refresh rate predictions on shipping. A solution to this issue is already being worked on; we expect it to be resolved in a Quantum Break Title Update launching in the near future.
Windows 10 Performance Issues
Remedy is looking into how to improve the overall performance of the game. Part of that is working closely with AMD and NVIDIA to address issues and improve the gameplay experience.
Sometimes, after a longer play session, the game can end up to a state where the video memory becomes fragmented, and an important asset gets moved to system memory, which slows the rendering performance significantly. This problem is very rare and Remedy will continue to investigate and improve the video memory behavior in future updates.
If you experience this issue, exiting and restarting Quantum Break will resolve this issue for now. This is one way to identify if you have encountered this issue or if it’s another potential problem.
We recommend, for AMD Radeon GPU’s, AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1
We recommend, for NVIDIA GPU’s, 362.00 from NVIDIA.
Keep in mind, these drivers might have an impact on other software on your computer.
Windows 10 Frame Rate Locked?
In May, Microsoft will be enabling the ability for developers to disable v-sync and adding support for G-Sync and Freesync monitors. This means that UWP games running in full screen, borderless windowed mode will have all of the performance advantages of traditional full screen exclusive mode.
No Option to Quit from Main Menu
We hear you! By popular demand, we are adding an exit option to the main menu in an upcoming title update. For now, similar to all Windows 10 apps, you will need to use Alt-F4 or move the mouse cursor to top right corner of the window to the see the X icon, which you can click to exit the game.
Crashing on Launch
We have been able to repro at least one reason for a rare crash on launch– with some SIMD instructions that require SSE4.1. We are working on fixing that in a future title update, and will fix any other issues we find as they are reported.
We are working on giving users more control to turn on and off features like film grain. We love the artistic choice for our game, but we also want to give PC gamers more choice and this will come in a future update.
Does Quantum Break support SLI or other multi-GPU solutions?
Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn’t support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break.
Render technique and resolution on Windows 10
The Windows 10 version of Quantum Break uses the same reconstruction method as on Xbox One. If your resolution is set to 1080p, the game temporally reconstructs the image (except UI) from four 720p buffers rendered with 4xMSAA, just like on Xbox One. Engine assigns input geometry samples from 4xMSAA rendering into shaded clusters in order to maximize covered geometry while keeping the performance on acceptable level by reducing expensive shaded samples. When you change the resolution, the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560×1440 they would be 1706×960.
We are aware some users are having issues downloading the game from the Windows Store. There are some known bugs with the way the progress bar is rendered. Microsoft is standing by to help anyone who has issues downloading and the Windows 10 Anniversary Update this summer will massively improve the overall experience for these kinds of big games.
General Issues & Solutions (Xbox One and Windows 10)
Light Flare / Blinking Lights
This is a known issue. A permanent fix is being introduced in the next Title Update in the near future. For now, the problem can be resolved by exiting and re-launching the game.
This is an artistic choice from Remedy Entertainment. We wanted a cinematic look for our game and “film grain” is part of that look. Depending on the brand of TV you use or if your Xbox One is connected to a monitor, the film grain can look very different. Always use “Game Mode” on your television if such a feature exists. Make sure you adjust your sharpness setting down on your monitor or TV as well as the brightness setting in Quantum Break.”
While atmosphere is an important part of Quantum Break, we decided to not include subtitles for ambient sound (e.g.– in-game radio broadcasts) to ensure those subtitles did not conflict or overlap with the subtitles for actual character dialogue.
No Dialogue on Xbox One
If your game is missing dialogue, this is probably because you are listening in stereo, but the Xbox One is set to play back surround 5.1 or 7.1.
To solve this on Xbox One:
- Scroll left from Home to open the guide
- Select Settings
- Select All Settings
- Select Display & Sound
- Select Audio output
- Set the output to Stereo
Cloud Save Issue on Windows 10 and Xbox One
Cloud save issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break have been resolved with the March update (Windows 10 Version 10586.164, 64-bit only). To avoid any issues, please switch Microsoft accounts before signing in to the Xbox app and/or check Windows Update to ensure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10.
We are aware of this issue on Xbox One and are working to address it in a future update. To avoid any issues, please quit the game before turning off your console.
The big Rocket League April update is here, bringing a new game mode, Hoops, new flags, new antennas, new arenas, and more!
This update shows Rocket League's appreciation for all things ball, especially basketball. The main features added this time are the new Hoops mode, NBA Flag Pack DLC, new arenas, and mid-game replay saves.
This is a big update which bring both paid and free content with the main focus being NBA themed like the new flags and the Hoops mode. People: Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.
Added "Country Flags"
|British Virgin Isles||Saint Kitts|
|Cayman Islands||Saint Lucia|
|Cook Islands||Saint Vincent|
|Falkland Island||Sao Tome|
|Grenada||Turks & Caicos|
|Isle of Man||Vanuatu|
Added "NBA Teams"
|(DLC) Atlanta Hawks||(DLC) Miami Heat|
|(DLC) Boston Celtics||(DLC) Milwaukee Bucks|
|(DLC) Brooklyn Nets||(DLC) Minnesota Timberwolves|
|(DLC) Charlotte Hornets||(DLC) New Orleans Pelicans|
|(DLC) Chicago Bulls||(DLC) New York Knicks|
|(DLC) Cleveland Cavaliers||(DLC) Oklahoma City Thunder|
|(DLC) Dallas Mavericks||(DLC) Orlando Magic|
|(DLC) Denver Nuggets||(DLC) Philadelphia 76ers|
|(DLC) Detroit Pistons||(DLC) Phoenix Suns|
|(DLC) Golden State Warriors||(DLC) Portland Trail Blazers|
|(DLC) Houston Rockets||(DLC) Sacramento Kings|
|(DLC) Indiana Pacers||(DLC) San Antonio Spurs|
|(DLC) Los Angeles Clippers||(DLC) Toronto Raptors|
|(DLC) Los Angeles Lakers||(DLC) Utah Jazz|
|(DLC) Memphis Grizzlies||(DLC) Washington Wizards|
Added "Video Game"
|Euro Truck Simulator Rig||Witcher Medallion|
|Goat Simulator – G2||Worms W.M.D.|
|Goat Simulator – Goatenna||Worms W.M.D. Grenade|
|Portal – Wheatley|
- Worms W.M.D.
Changes and Updates
- The “Hoops” 2v2 mode has been added as an unranked playlist, and is also available in Private Matches and Exhibition mode at any team size.
- Exhibition and Private Match now have a “Game Mode” selector. The mode you select determines which maps you can choose – for instance, “Hoops” can only be played on the “Dunk House” map.
- During Overtime, the in-game UI clock now counts upwards to indicate how long the overtime has lasted.
- New “Cosmic” Arena has been added to the “Rocket Labs” playlist
- After scoring in Free Play, there will no longer be a 3/2/1 countdown.
“Dunks” stats has been added with this DLC.
- When a player scores a basket/goal with any NBA flag equipped, it will increase your stat on that NBA flag.
Players can now trigger an automatic replay save mid-game, so they don’t have to wait until the match concludes and remember to save it then.
- Auto-Save is triggered by holding the activation button during gameplay. When triggered, the save will be queued and a message will appear in the chatbox indicating the action. A replay tick mark is automatically added to the replay at the timestamp the player triggered the autosave.
Players can now manually name (and rename) replays.
- Select “Save Replay” at the end of game and the user can now provide a custom name.
Users can also rename replays in the frontend.
- Mouse/Keyboard – A pencil icon appears when mousing over a replay. Clicking the Pencil brings up the rename dialog.
- Controller – Pressing Triangle button on the Replay menu brings up the rename dialog.
- Spectators will no longer see Camera Shake in Player View if the option is disabled
- Fixed a rare issue that would allow the ball to exit the arena